Monday, April 6, 2009

Wow It has been to long

I have entered a new level of commuting. I have purchased a rack and a set of panniers. Wow what a difference it is to have the weight off my back. The rack that I got is nothing to fancy. It will carry about 55lbs. The bags were the money takers on this purchase. But they are some of the best around, so I have been told. These are the ortlieb bags. I really like how well they fit onto the rack and the adjustable rack points of the bags. It is very nice.

I also told my lady that I will need to ride 225 mile in order to pay for the bags and rack. I have ridden three miles this morning so that means I still have 222 miles to go. So 225 miles divided by 6 mile a day means 37.5 days. I ride roughly 20 days a month or so. That means if I ride Monday through Friday it will be may 27 when I have ridden enough miles to fill the deal. For every dollar spent a mile is ridden.

No comments: