Thursday, December 4, 2008

To my flats

Holy crap, I have had more flats in the last two months. I am talking about 4 flat back tires and 1 front. The back tires have been little tiny shards of glass that you can't see and managed to find there way to the thinnest part of my tire. How they do this I am not sure. This last one to the front which happened on the first of this month was a tiny piece of steel or cable.

Then to make things better, the Kenda Kross Plus tires that I bought only 777 miles ago are breaking down faster then I thought. Well the back one is. So I go down stairs and set up the bike on the stand and get to changing that flat back tire only to notice that once the back tire is back one I see this huge bulge in the side wall. Thinking to myself this sucks. So I go over to my storage unit and get my last tire which is a Serfas Drifter. So this tire says that is has a FPS (flat protection system). Now back to the 1st of DEC and the flat front tire. As I am walking home because I am out of tubes and patches, I think to my self that I am tired of fixing flats. I head over to the Fred Meyer in my town, because the LBS is closed on Mondays. I go and get some tubes that have that slime junk in them. We will see if the FPS of the tire and the slime tires will give me longer breaks between tube changes.

Now with what three days under my belt on the new tubes and the new tire in the back. I am thinking that I want to go and get one more of these Serfas Drifters for the front. I must say that the tire rides smooth, and corners nice. It is crap in the mud that I ride through to get to the local bike trial. But I can say that the Kenda Kross Plus was no better in the mud and IT has some side lugs. I well see how things go after a week or some on the tubes and tire. Hopefully I am not ranting on about having to change yet another flat. Keep it greasy side down.

No comments: