Monday, December 1, 2008

The rain gear arrives.

So I did something I am not totally proud of and bought some rain gear online instead of supporting my LBS (local bike shop). I try very hard to always go to the shops because I know from the company that I work for the net will kill little shops. The biggest problem that I faced was that I used the sites sizing chart only to get jacket that is to small. So one of three things happened. The chart is wrong or the jacket is labeled wrong or this company just makes clothes small. What ever the case, I was able to call them and send it in for an exchange. So no harm in the long run.

I was able to keep the pants and used them this morning on the way into work. I think they will work out great. I did not get to hot but I was not rained on. So I am not sure how well they until I get wet. I guess if I really needed to know if they work I could go stand in the shower with them on. I was a little surprised to see that most rain pants come with very little reflective surface, and black of all colors. I would have thought that they would have been more bright colors or more reflective piping, something. But "O" well, I can add more lights to my bike if I have to.

Once I get the jacket and I get to ride in the rain, I will post my thoughts on this gear. Keep spinning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to buy local when they have what I want but so much of the times our LBS stores cater to the needs of the "roadies" and less to commuters. I use a lot of non-bike specific clothing but at times a person needs the bike stuff. Hope the rain gear works out for you, it is certainly a necessity that is hard to do without if you ride all the time. Happy commuting!

pedal power said...

You tell the truth on that one.