Monday, November 17, 2008

Freedom

This post has little to do with me and more about my son. I feel that it is really cool and important that everybody knows that he has moved on to riding without training wheels. I know most of us don't remember way back then, well I don't. It was really cool to watch him go out and start riding around the baseball field out at the park. He was very happy with what he did and his mom and I were also very proud of him. It was a great day. To feel the freedom of being on your own and knowing that you are moving that machine around on your own power.

I have heard it said that the car is your first taste of freedom. I think that almost everybody would agree that riding your bike for the first time and doing it on your own on two wheels is the first taste of freedom.

I still to this day feel better riding a bike then I do driving a car. To hear and see you town at a speed that allows you to feel alive is the best freedom that we can have.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Could not agree with you more! You haven't experienced a city until you discover it while riding your bike.

I've been bicycle commuting to work since June and am hooked. I try to commute three days a week.

I look forward to the bike days. People think I'm crazy at work. I'm just trying to do my part. The exercise PLUS utility of getting to and from work just rocks.

Keep spinning and stay safe!

pedal power said...

I could not agree with you more. Thanks for your support.