Friday, November 7, 2008

The New Toys

So i finally broke down and spent money that I should not have on getting some lights for my bike. Being that it is Nov and it gets dark out here on the west coast before I get off work, my lady figured that me getting home safely was worth the money spent on the lights for me. So I went over to the bike shop here in town and was looking at the different styles of lights. Holy crap, there were to many choices. I did finally make one.

I went with the Planet Bike Blaze for the front and the SuperFlash for the back. WOW. So after I got them on the bike I went around and turned off all the lights in the basement. Man those lights are bright. And not to bad being that I only spent 63 bucks.

So a recap of how commuting has changed my bike and me. To start off I started riding to work to save money on gas. After a while (short while) I was riding because I liked it more then I liked driving. So I started this little adventure in the summer months. Nicer weather and well not so nice weather is here now. So my 2006 Hardrock Pro went from being a play toy to my everyday bike. I have added fenders both front and rear, lights, spd pedals and shoes to go with them, and a water bottle cage. I have also figured out that fashion and cycling to work don't go hand in hand. I have stopped worry about what I look like or what someone might think, and now I think about the fact that I feel better when I get to work. I feel better when I get home.

So what can I say I am hooked on riding to work everyday, shine or rain. And well it rains a lot up here. So I will keep on riding and hope that soon my car will sell and me and mine will be a one car family. I don't think that me and mine will ever be car free, but we will be car light. And that makes me feel good to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Money well spent! You've got to be seen by cars if you are riding at night. I tell people the "being seen" factor is more important than the "seeing" factor.