Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My car sold

So Last weekend I sold my car. Making me and mine a one car family. I believe that I made the right move. Took some of that money and got some rain gear being that I live in the PacNorWest.

Last night I made my first run to the store for some soda and some Sailor Jerry's. I have been using my bike to get from work and back but other then that I have always used the car. After thinking about what I was reading on using bike to run to the store and other places. Last night I got my chance to prove to myself that it could be done even up here in this little town. My office and the stores and even the mini marts are all within three miles of where I live. So off I went. When I got home I was really glad that I had sold my car. I now know I can do anything I want riding my bike. I also figured out that I would really like to have a rack and some panniers. My backpack works and works well. It is that after packing a 12 pack of soda and a bottle of rum on my back I would really like to have that weight being carried by the bike and not on my back. But one thing at a time.

So little under over six months ago I started riding my bike instead of driving. When I started I had only the bike and my backpack that I got when I was over in the middle east with the military. Now I have fenders, lights, water bottle cages, clipless pedals, and rain gear. I used to think that riding my bike was just something that I did for fun. Now I ride my bike for fun and as my primary mode of transportation. Looking back I am glad that I made the switch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You really will like a rack and panniers, takes the load off! If you start doing all your shopping on your bike you might even want a trailer eventually. Great news on the car!

pedal power said...

Thank you for your support.