Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It is cold....

For the last couple of mornings it has been cold right above freezing. I am talking about 33 and 34 degrees when I head out the door to work. Thankfully it has not be raining and this cold. That will really suck. I am very happy about that. I can only imagine how cold I will be when it is raining and about 36 or so, then add in that wind that comes of the pacific, wow. But for now I will just keep on riding.

I must say that I do really enjoy riding to work and back. It is funny to also watch how many miles that I ride during the month. So far this month I have only traveled about 95 miles. Last month I rode about almost 150 miles. However I was able to ride with my family a couple of times and this month I have not.

I have also noticed that I am having to clean my bike a lot more now that the bad weather has been showing up more often. I am not talking about the simple rinse and wipe down. I am talking about taking the bottom bracket out and removing the rear cassette to clean out all the build up. I also removed my front derailleur do to the amount of crap that would get struck in it. In order to keep my chain where it belongs I have a nice chain stay. It is loud but it won't catch as much stuff in it. Plus now I don't have to worry about the cable stretching and derailleur shifting around. I am would like to get rid of the back derailleur as well. But I am going to need about 50 bucks to get all parts that I will need. Then I will be a single speed. That will be fun. I am also looking for some way to put a fender on the back of my bike. It will look bad but it will nice.

No comments: