Thursday, October 16, 2008

"O" What to do

While sitting here at work at the end of the day I look out at the current weather and wonder what to do. Well for one I will ride home and spend some time with my family. I will try not to get to wet or to cold. I am hoping that soon things will change a little bit, and I will be able to get some wet/cold weather gear. I know that I am going to need some kind of a bike jacket. But I am not sure what kind of pants to get.

The cycling pants are most likely the best bet, we all believe. However I am not so sure. I don't get why I have to pay 120 or more for cycling pants, when there are how many different winter sports out there. I am sure with a little bit of searching and being cheap I will be able to find something that will work just as well and not cost me so much. The jacket thing I am little more sold on getting from a bike shop for the fact that it will be small and light enough that I won't cook myself.

The other thing that I am wondering about it the whole light issue. I know that I need lights on my bike. however much like my fender I think that lights are really ugly and will just add a bunch of weight. Now I have to weigh safety of my life against the weight of the lights. And I also need to think about my son. If I am not showing him how to do things the right way or the safe way, then I am showing him the wrong way or a not so safe way. I guess I will need to find all of the stuff to make my ride safe, dry and warm. O what fun.

No comments: