Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009 needs to slow down

It has only begun and I am ready for '09 to slow down. I have changed jobs, had to fight weather bad enough that I could not ride, and getting sick.

Last month was rough, leaving one job that was fairly secure to go out and risk it all on a new company. So far so good. But in the middle of trying to start up a new company it snows like hell and I was not ready for that kind of weather. So my bike sat for every bit of three weeks or better. Sad little fact, that makes me mad. I was getting into a good rhythm and liking how I felt. Now the stress of a new boss, location, unknown lands, I am lost. As of now this year is only 14 days new and I have only rode my bike 3 times to work and back. That is bad.

I thought that I could ride through the winter even if the snow fell, I was wrong. Over here in the PNW you can't count on one year being like the next. This year we got dumped on. More snow then I had seen in years. At my house alone I had 18 inches. And because the town I live in does not have any snow removal equipment, it got bad. But it is over now and as long as I can get back into my routine I will be ok.

No comments: