Wednesday, January 21, 2009



So this morning like many mornings, I sat down to watch the news and eat some breakfast before shoving off to work. While listening to the news they tell me that the fog is heavy and is a freezing fog. So that means black ice in spots. What a deal, they said that yesterday and I found no such thing on the way to work. However this morning I did find it.

While I was breaking the law and cutting through the parking lot of an abandoned restaurant, I go to make a left turn and go through the drive through. Well as I go into the turn I felt that very slow slide out. The one that I have felt before. Knowing what is next I unclip my left foot and kick it out there only then to remember that that big ol'cleat on the bottom will do nothing to stop what is happening. If anything it will aid the fall. Sure enough it did, down I went. The ice patch was long enough that I went on sliding away from my bike, while it went into the bushes. As I got up and slowly walked over to the bike, very slowly, I felt no need to slip again. I noticed that I broke a piece of my bash guard off, relocated my front fender to the right bent the back fender up a little bit. O' what a morning. I have to say that my rain gear that I wear did fair pretty well sliding across the pavement.

So the lesson that I can take away from this morning is that sometimes the weather gal is right and I need to be a little more careful.

No comments: