Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day off to pedaling again.

Well I did get to go to bicycle centers and ask some questions, and get some good answers. I also got my sit bones measured. This is so the next seat that I get will fit me better and I won't have such a sore ass. It was good for me to take a break and let my legs kinda take a break. I pushed 11 to 11.5 mph coming to work, 15 miles 1 hour 20 min. It was pretty cool. Now can I push it out again on the way home.

Also looking at the over all picture, I am going to need to take my bike in for a pro tune up. I am good at maintaining it over time. But when it needs to have the wheels trued and I start jumping teeth, I know that I need to get it in for service. Down side, being that this is my only transportation, it can only go in on a sat and I have to pic it up on sat or sun if they are open. Knowing this, I have two shops that I will use. All service work will be done over at Tim's bike shop in Everett, and road gear will be taken care of by Bicycle center.

On another note. If you are thinking about commuting by cycle, great. But you should look at getting a couple of things to make you life better. A good work stand, mine is Wrench Force, and has work for years. Basic tools to pull cables when they start to strech, a couple of small screw drivers so you can adjust derailers when they need it. Learn how your bike works, don't depend on the shop to fix it everytime it needs something done.

No comments: