Monday, June 9, 2008

First Day

So this morning I cycled into work. 15 miles. I am starting to bike to work because of the cost of owning my truck. The costs of owning my truck this year alone would cost me 15,000. So I thought I would give biking a chance again. I left my house at 6:45 and got to work at 8:05. If my math is right, I traveled 15 miles in 80 min that means that I am traveling about 11mph.

It is wierd to think about cycling to work and having to pack all your stuff in your back pack. I took with me two spare tubes, patch kits, pump, multi-tool. Plus I needed to pack a lunch and extra clothing. Because I live in western washington and it rains alot up here, You have to be ready for the rain, and maybe the sun. By the time that I got to work I felt really good and was not a sore as I thought. I do know that if I don't start moving around soon I will stiffen up. I will type up some more later

No comments: