Thursday, June 26, 2008

what a day

I believe that I am getting stronger, or the ride is just not as tough as it use to be. But on either one I made it from my house to the bus stop this morning in about 22 minutes. Not to bad. I do wish that there were more riders out in the morning. It has become very common to see these two older ladies out walking every morning. We say good morning and pass each other. I guess the only reason that I would like to have someone to ride with is that when two riders start riding, one will push the other. Right now all I have is the clock. It is good, but I could do better if I had someone pushing me harder. I know when I was doing more downhill and free ridin, it was the group of us that pushed each other to ride harder and try more stunts. Sometimes a bad thing, but never that bad.

So for now I ride alone, hoping that more people will see me and wonder if they to can ride to work. I think the biggest problem that I am going to face on this side of the mountain is the weather, and to many people have become dependent on their cars. The common feeling is that it is to hard or they don't have the time, or any other reason they can come up with. At first I started doing this more out to prove that it could be done, now I have been doing this ride for almost two weeks and everyday it gets better. I feel better through the day and I feel better at night. So I guess I am hooked on the ride.

No comments: